Thursday 30 January 2020

To all the honorable men in my disastrous life


And there he was
The man who invaded my dreams 
Standing in his very own glory
Without a care in the world

Oh how would he know 
How his handsome moon face
Was striking the cords of my heart 
Or raising the hairs on the back of my neck 
Whilst he innocently smiled a toothy grin 

Of all the honorable men in my disastrous life 
Blazed in, the light to my darkness
Illuminating the night 
Like a morningstar 

Oh how I reckon 
Begging every shooting star
That crossed the starry sky 
Firing its own pathway
To prop his handsome self 
Onto my unworthy hands 

For all the honorable men in my disastrous life
There he stood 
Proud and pompous 
Illuminating the night 
Like a morningstar 


One fine morning he was trotting down the road
With bold and brisk strides
And my thirsty eyes drank in 
How the sun shone upon his princely self 
A halo surrounding his beautiful earthly presence 
Isolating him from all the honourable men I have met
Proving that the Almighty had 
Pit in enormous amounts of effort 
In carving every inch of his face 
Along with his shapely muscles 


Of all the honorable men in my disastrous life 
There he was 
Holding me in his arms 
And throwing me up with a promise 
Giggling like a baby at the sound of my voice 
Which shrieked 
"Paaaa" 







4 comments: