Friday 11 October 2019

Fossilizing originality

Hi diary,

It's been really long since I filled you in with everything that's happening with me. Today I don't wish to rant or complain about how I have been ill-treated by the world. Today I want to be the grown up I should have become the day I hit my rock bottom.

I have drastically changed, seen a very ugly part of the world which we oh so adorably have named the social media and tried to search for truth amongst lies.

Moved on, that's what I have been saying myself that I have been doing, where I was actually running around in circles. Going back into the same loopholes and mazeing around trying to find that right door to get out. How have I never understood that the labyrinth I was in actually regurgitated me out of it while I was the one swallowing myself into the same darkness over and over?

I remember those voices asking me to stop, but it was another 'Quake 3' moment for me reviving myself full of truth again in the labyrinth that was filled with nothing but lies.

When in Rome be a Roman, was what our grey haired men told us. But was losing our originality just to fit in and be cool amongst cool people the right way to live?

People around me were hypocrites, eves droppers, back stabbers etcetera. So was I supposed to reform myself as a Roman in this sordid city of Rome?

I realised after plenty of wannabe trials, that I was going to remain an Indian in this city of Rome and I think I am mighty proud of it. I was a fossil of that culture which believed in humanity and being good to people, but at the same time evolving an impenetrable shell around trying to create my glide path in the forest of disharmony and wade off those that tried to penetrate the shell and colour code my innocence red.

Akankshya Panda

2 comments:

  1. You write so beautifully akku!! So proud of you 😍🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never lose my identity just to impress others. It was a thought provoking post, and so beautifully written. Kudos! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete