Tuesday 27 August 2019

The silver lining

Hey love,

I have missed writing in you. The immense pleasure that you bestow upon me once I pick up my pen and jot down those beautiful moments as if screenshotting the best meme, makes me want to come back to you and fill you in all the time. You have been there with me all the time, be it the times of grief or joy or anxiety.

Today after a long time I have come back to you because I have finally found a silver lining to my cloud. I found her this morning staring at me with doe like eyes and puckered lips trying to look cute. Her short hair bouncing as she jumped at the site of me coming closer and standing in front of the mirror. For the first time, I was happy to see the godly sight.

She was so happy today because she had realised something. She had found herself. She had finally made it out of the dark labyrinth that was a-maze-ing the hell out of her brains. She realised that she was going to end up here no matter what road she took because she had taken the road least trotted upon because this was fate. She had her Robert Frost moment because that was what she was destined to follow. No matter what.

She had a rough take off and she was not sure how the flight would be. She was pilotting her life on her own for the very first time. A rough start always meant a rough obstacle race. Indeed she faced major turbulence. The dark clouds stood in her path and thundered at her, not before striking her with flashes of lightening. She was afraid and scared, battered and bruised. She was falling, being pulled by the force of gravity and get dumped into the earthly craters. Oh no! Was that the end?

Oh definitely not!

As she was going to fall with a thud she picked up her pace. Where was this little treasure of energy, you ask? She found her ray of hope beaming at her with radiance. The ray of hope saying, "You would have met me, no matter which path you have taken. It is better that you chose a difficult path to find me. Now you will love me even more."

She did not believe those words deeming it false. But she wished to try, she didn't want to be a fallen angel. She would rather be a victorious daughter of the devil. She flapped her wings of encouragement and flew upwards with the little energy left in her body, towards the silver lining amongst the same angry clouds that were thwarting their electrical bursts of energy at her which were now creating an aisle for her to walk down to the bride groom awaiting her at the altar.






No comments:

Post a Comment